So if it isn’t obvious yet, I suck at posting on my blog! I just get too busy at work and at home to actually have time to sit down and write, and currently, I am 35 weeks preggo with baby #2. (It’s a girl!) I truly believe that there aren’t enough hours in the day for me to do things for me, and when I do have that coveted me time…I end up doing something else that I put off. Due to this, it has me wondering some things. Not just about blogging moms…but about moms in general. Have you ever really sat back and thought about how a mom manages to do everything in a day? Well, I have and let me share my most likely familiar day (if you have little humans) with you.
6am to 8am To-Do List:
- Be unceremoniously woken up by my son
- Make sure he goes potty
- Get out of bed and pick my clothes
- Groom me and get dressed
- Do my makeup
- Hubs gets Bubs ready for school (so that’s one less thing on my list)
- Walk around after hubs and bubs turning off all lights and electronics used during the morning routine (how many damn lights does one need to use broad freakin daylight??!?!?!)
- Go downstairs and eat a quick breakfast
- Put together a lunch for me
- Make sure Bubs gets daily vitamins and allergy meds
- Get son to STOP playing with toys or daddy and leave the house by 7:20am
- Drive 10-15 minutes away and drop off son
- Spend 10 minutes at daycare saying bye to son (Why can’t u just let mommy sign-in and leave? I don’t have to wait for your little routine to say bye…oh wait…I DO!)
- Drive 10 FREEWAY minutes to work in the hopes that everyone has put on their good and courteous driver hats so I don’t feel like I’m driving in a Nascar Demolition Derby Monster Jam hybrid…just to get to my f*cking job.
8(ish) am to 1pm To-Do List:
- Work until 12pm
- Pray there is no family or daycare emergency that I have to go take care of
- Somehow manage to eat lunch and run miscellaneous errands, for my family, during lunch
- This isn’t every day…but its definitely a frequent occurrence. I mean when else am I gonna have time to run errands alone so they get done quickly?
- Get back to work within the allotted hour of my lunchtime, to finish my workday
5pm to 8:30pm To-Do List:
- Leave work to pick up son from daycare and Tuesday and Thursday, and some Fridays,
- My husband and I split pickup days to make it “fair,” but if he has a work or football related meeting/event I end up picking the little up.
- Fight traffic to make it across town before 5:30, bc that, is when daycare closes.
- I ain’t trying to pay late fees
- Spend a few minutes talking with daycare provider about sons day, and figuring out the things my husband forgot to tell me on his pickup days
- My husband NEVER asks how our sons day was, and when he is told things pertaining to daycare happenings, somehow forgets to tell me. It’s like having an extra kid sometimes because I have to go behind him and fact check/double check sh*t all the time. But I love him.
- Drive 10-15 minutes home
- Get Bubs out of the car and into the house
- Immediately have Bubs use the bathroom and start making his afternoon snack
- Serve him his afternoon snack
- Go upstairs and wash face and put up hair
- Come back downstairs and start dinner
- This is on days where I get Bubs because my Hubs won’t be home until 830/9pm
- Feed son dinner
- Clean up sons dinner
- Have son clean up toys
- Give son bath and brush teeth
- Put son in bed and say prayers
9pm to 11pm To-Do List:
- Go back downstairs and eat my dinner with Hubs, who is now home
- Relax for a few after eating dinner
- Aka spend time with Hubs
- Go upstairs and shower and do nighttime car routine
- Get in bed
- Possibly have some adult time
- SEX….I mean SEX lol
- Go to sleep
11:30pm to 12am To-Do list:
- Wake up and turn off lights and TV left on by Hubs
- Go back to sleep
So you see…being a mom and a wife literally leaves me NO F*CKING TIME to do anything. I spend all day doing and going for others, and the only time I get to myself is either HELLA early, or HELLA late. So this brings up the question…HOW THE F*CK DO WE MOMS DO IT? Honestly, I don’t know the answer. I’m thinking that once you have kids you get some freak ass mom gene that allows u to bend time to your advantage…but only juuuuuust enough to get by. Damn, we are miracle workers.
What is your mom day like? Is it as jam-packed and crazy as mine? Feel free to leave it, or anything else you’d like in the comments below.
*Huggies & Hi-Fives*